Lighthouse Healthcare was started in 2005 in a bid to provide to the African market.
The company has continuously looked for and for products initially into South Africa but also more suited to other African markets.
Our Healthcare Provision proposition is based on current trends in Africa pharmaceutical industry namely:
- African Government’s healthcare solutions
- The need for pharmaceutical molecules to address key healthcare issues
- Increased need & realization for in various patient groups as a first line management tool
- Lighthouse Healthcare looks at effectively through manufacturing and/or importation, distribution, sales and marketing in Africa.
To be an Integrated, Innovative and Pioneering Provider of Healthcare Solutions to the African Population
Our mission is to offer quality, affordable, integrated and effective health care solutions to our clientele.
To achieve our vision, Lighthouse engages in:
- by sourcing from selected suppliers that are suited to its current profile and which are congruent with our target audience
- Importation and/or Manufacturing, Distribution, of products under our portfolio to healthcare providers in identified market segments
- Making aware of the benefits of using trusted and are cost effective solutions in health care provision
- Becoming a .
1. Extensive distribution network in South Africa liaising with the 10 top distribution companies that cover over 90% of pharmacies in South Africa. These include
- – The largest single distributor of pharmaceutical products in South Africa.
- – KEMCO (Pretoria & Bloemfontein), NWC (Natal Wholesale Chemists – Durban) and Alpha Pharm Eastern & Western Cape
- – Durban Based National Distributor
- – Pretoria and National Distribution
- – Part of the Clicks Group and the 2nd largest Distributor by volume in South Africa
- – City Medical Group, Nazmed, Mista Surge, etc
Currently our products are listed and available through a large network of over 2,500 retailers countrywide. Among them, are the following:
- – The largest chain of retail for healthcare products in South Africa with more than 420 stores and 280 Pharmacies countrywide.
- – 2nd largest retailer with over 70 stores nationally
- – Part of PNP group which is the 2nd largest Supermarket chain in South Africa
- – Part of the Checkers-Shoprite Group – The largest Supermarket Chain in South Africa
- – A group of over 1200 Independent Pharmacies countrywide.
3. Good Knowledge & Relationships in Healthcare Market – We have been in the market long enough to establish good relationships with various stakeholders in the healthcare supply chain. i.e. from Medical doctors, Pharmacists, Retailers, Wholesalers, Distributors and Funding organizations (i.e. Medical schemes/aids)
Lighthouse Healthcare has its own Sales force that visits the identified Target Audience based on the product portfolio.
- Pharmacies – With OTC products
- General Practitioner – Products targeting the GP
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology – Specific products for this market
- Physicians – General/Family Physicians (non-specialised)
- Territory and Client Management Systems
- The utilization of Smart Phones with interlinked software that tracks doctor/pharmacy visits, live order submission and follow-up, etc.